Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ryan's crawls

Well, it's taken a really long time for this and a lot of hard work, but on Christmas Eve, Ryan surprised all of us by showing off his ability to crawl. We honestly thought, especially by all accounts of what we have been told by doctors, that we likely wouldn't ever see this. On behalf of Ryan, I give *raspberries* to them and have learned that sometimes it is more important not to listen to what people say you CAN'T do.
Anyway, Ryan is currently knee walking while pushing his new ride-on train from Grandma & Grandpa and I have caught him several times, trying to get from knee standing to regular standing, so I see this as definitely something we might see this year. Ryan has also begun using a pediatric walker to start tog et around, and although he can get around with this, his gait is completely wrong, but we'll get him working on that once he gets used to the walker.
ON the surgery front, we are not going to see his orthopedist until May or so, but I am hoping to be able to make it up to Seattle the first half of the year to the arthrogryposis clinic they have up there quarterly. I would like some more opinions on Ryan's situation before we take on any major surgeries.

No comments: